Friday, September 26, 2014

Hidden Drawers of Halloween Fun - CC3 C11

Challenge 11 for Tim's Compendium of Curiosity 3 is going on over at Linda Ledbetter's blog. This challenge is on Effect Powders from p52 of Tim's book. If you don't have a copy, you can order an autographed one here

Here's my project for the Challenge:

Inspiration Emporium is sponsoring this challenge and offering a $50 gift certificate. 

I am such a fan of Halloween that a project like this one is just "drawers" of fun for me!  I used the Match Box large die of Tim's from Sizzix to make the five drawers from the TH Laboratories Paper Stash. Love that the paper is double-sided, it made a great lining for the inside of each drawer.

Powders were used on the pumpkin, happy Halloween banners, the harlequin cover for the assembled match box drawers, the spider web, and the key in the bottom drawer. The vile in the bottom drawer has loose poison (UTEE) inside. 

Two pieces were cut from the TH Sizzix Lattice Die and the effect powders were used.

A gear was added to the side of the pumpkin's head. Then the lattice was cut into pieces.
Two pieces were cut and used to form the metal-like bent arms for the pumpkin coming out the sides of the second drawer. 

Two more pieces extending from the third drawer form the legs of the pumpkin. 

There are two metal-like feet extending from the bottom of the last drawer. 

You can see part of the key extending from that drawer too. 

The little owl & pumpkin are mounted on gears and the lion is adhered under TH charm fragments and tied on with TH string. 

A shot from the side of the drawers shows the token hanging from the lattice.

There you have it - Hidden Drawers of Halloween Fun.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

September Tag 2014 - A New Fall Dress

It's time for the September 2014 Tag over at Tim  Here's a look at Tim's tag and it is stunning. Such an interesting technique with alcohol inks this month. 

I have my tag ready to share with you. 

Fall is just about here and the Fall colors are always so gorgeous. 

You know, every girl needs a new dress for the Fall. To make the dress, I used a stamp from the Visual Artistry Stampers Anonymous Seamless Experience stamp collection. 

Then,  I got wild with alcohol inks and the Autumn Gatherings decorative strip. Wow, that was fun. I followed Tim's steps carefully since using the Alcohol Ink Cardstock was new for me.

Here's a pic of my background for the tag before the stamping and leaves. I used the Measured THS012 stencil and citrus alcohol ink. I used several pieces of the alcohol ink cardstock trying to find a good color. I remember Tim said to use a light color but I didn't have the lake mist he was featuring. 

Then the image was stamped. The leaves were made and layered from the bottom up so each layer could have a little "fluff" and curling of the edges.

In making the leaves, all I could think about were the vibrant colors of Fall, using the oranges, yellows, reds of alcohol inks worked great. Love, love the colors. The Copper Mixatives gave the palette a big boost.

A few extra leaves were attached to the hanger in case they were needed. 

It could get windy!!

There you have it, the September Tag 2014 - A New Fall Dress.

Linking to:

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2014: September

Tim Holtz - Idea-ology: Hanger Clips, Pitch Fasteners
Remnant Rubs - Numbers, Botanicals,
Alcohol Inks
Black Tag

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Tick Tock - Skeletons and Skulls

The Compendium of Curiosities 3 - Challenge #10 is the Assemblage Clock. Linda Ledbettter at Studio L3 hosts the challenges; you can visit her site and take a look.  The Funkie Junkie Boutique is sponsoring this challenge and giving a $25 gift certificate.

The assemblage clock project comes from p.33 of Tim's book and the rules state you must have a copy of his book to enter the challenge.   

Here's a look at my project:

Since I love, love Halloween, it just made sense to create something I could use for the spookiest day of the year.

The background was cut from the Laboratories Paper Stash. 

Here's the background before going into the clock shell. You can see the details a little better here. 

A filmstrip was added with images of ghosts from the past. Texture paste was used with the Halloween stencil THS027. The spider from CMS198 was stamped and embossed. One of the crossbones was dabbed with white distress paint then added to the background.

Can you see the rest of the tiny crossbones lying on the bottom? A few of the skulls are raising their heads trying to look out.

Here's a side pic of the clock, now you can see the detail in the tissue tape and the trim added from the Industrious Stickers.

For the ribbon on top, I used Tim's paper string. I cut some of the loops and unraveled the string then added a token that had been painted white and rubbed off. The handle, feet and black cat were painted with distress ink then glittered with black soot distress glitter.

The skeleton's hands were cut from the same sheet of paper as the body and added to the outside with a little glossy accents and more tissue tape. You can see he is holding a ghostly image of himself framed from Industrious Stickers. The mini lantern is just too cute and perfect for Halloween.

Thanks for the challenge - Judy.

CCC#3 Challenge 10 Assemblage Clock